Saturday, October 14, 2006

the only rational act

the only rational act

Friday night in Saskatoon

I just got home from a pub crawl. I haven't been on one since before I surrendered my life to Jesus, and I'll give a bit of background so that you know where I'm coming from. A friend, Danae, and I went so that we could spend some more time with some of the girls that we work out with. The theme was "would you still be my friend if I wore this?" which is a great theme party idea I must say. It was fun to dance, fun to get to know people, and so good to be able to talk about spirituality with some of the people. But now I'm home, and I have a heavy heart. I'm glad that I got the chance to experience this tonight because it's a big eye opener. There really are people who don't know Christ. There are people who are looking for satisfaction in things that don't promise them anything in return. There are people who, unless they find Jesus, will not be with Him forever. This was more than an eye opener, it was a wake up call for my heart. Lord God, help me to be and go where you want me to, to give my life so that anyone and everyone can know you. I can't save them, but you can. Please do it... amen.

9 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jill i echo your prayer.
love you lots,
Wendy

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Tobi Wong said...

Jill??? JILL??!?

*gasp*

I FOUND YOU! (well not really, but ya know ... hehe)

It's TOBI!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger jammer said...

i felt the same after only hearing about some of the things that go on in residence here at western. it's so different than my world.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jonny said...

You went to see the Chili Peppers?!?!? Now that's something I would definately look into for satisfaction.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Pub Crawling!

and the Chili Peppers!!!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jill :) Your post about a pub crawl came up in a conversation last night with Kelley. Cool to learn that your a rocker chick too!

Keep 'em comin'!

tim

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pff! Whatever, I always knew you were a rocker chick at heart Jill! Ya, concerts put things in perpective for me too. Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert though.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jilly! I love your blog, can't believe you are doing it! haha! The pics are awesome. Keep em coming. Dropping you a line back now...BFF !! xx Cate

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Cate! I can't get on to your blog! And you are cheeky I might add... But I like your blog title=) Talk to you soon, and let me know when you've got some pictures up. I want to keep track of your life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home