Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why I Like Concerts


From Air Supply to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I have to say that concerts have breathed a breath of fresh air into my social life lately.
Air Supply was a totally last minute event, that my friend Andrew and I got to see. "I'm all out of love..." who hasn't always wanted to hear that song live? You know it! If I had known that my friend Anna was a die hard fan, I would have invited her in an instant, but I'll have to wait now until the next time Air Supply passes through Western Canada on their permatour of 30years... Here is a picture of Andrew and I with the Air Supply that will never end, to commemorate the evening.

If you had asked me in grade 8, "Jill, what would be your all time favourite show to see???", without hesitation I would have said the Red Hot Chili Peppers. No second guessing, just pure joy at the thought of seeing them live. Now I'm not sure if I said a little prayer way back in junior high, but if I did, it was answered this September in Saskatoon. Who knew such a sweet town would host a great show like that. My only qualms about going were that when I loved Flea and Anthony back in the days, I was also pretty desenstized to the wraunchy lyrics that they produced. I just loved the music.

So... this is why I am so happy to say that when I saw them last month, I was totally overjoyed by a great light show, unequaled talent (Flea and John Frusciante still amaze me) and a lighthearted time of dancing (to old school punk songs) and laughing at the rock kids with arms linked, swaying to "under the bridge". It wasn't wraunchy, it wasn't a let down, but it was a lot of fun, and even an answer to prayer for protection of my brain from garbage coming in, and the joy of a great night out.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Kelley Anne said...

hey jill... love the pic ;) "Under the Bridge" takes me back to grade nine and the first school dance and a certain grade ten boy!! tee hee.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger jammer said...

good to see you're still alive and kicking. i never knew you liked those bands...now i do. Everything is so different now.
...
:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home